RoSPA and the British Safety Council actively encourage companies to join and support the work of the local Occupational Health and Safety Groups. All local groups are affiliated to RoSPA and the British Safety Council, which, in turn, provide support in various ways.
There are 60 or so members of the North Lincs Health and Safety Group, from the smallest (sole traders) to the largest employers in the area.
Membership is also valuable to individuals interested in Accident Prevention.
Membership is open to industrial, commercial, and other organisations as well as to individuals and costs just £85 per year: this includes free places at group meeting where there is a cost.
Meetings and events
Regular Group Meetings are held in Scunthorpe and these provide the opportunity to network with other Health and Safety Professionals to discuss developments in health and safety legislation, new initiatives from HSE and other relevant topics.
Training, in the form of seminars, demonstrations and exhibitions regularly feature in the Group’s calendar, which culminates in the presentation of Annual Safety Awards, for which each member is eligible to apply, at the Annual Dinner held each February.
Group Membership Benefits
- Regular contact with other Health and Safety professionals
- Local Authorities
- HSE Inspectors
- Emergency Services
- Safety Product and Services suppliers
- Keep abreast of health and safety issues through a regular programme of speakers, seminars, training sessions, conferences, newsletters, and company visits.
- Access to lively discussion and debate
- Sharing of problems and expertise
- Enhance your Company’s image with other local businesses and the wider community.
Group Support and Organisation
Officers of the Committee, elected at the Annual General Meeting are responsible for the successful management of the Group, which is a non-profit making organisation. The bulk of the Committee’s work depends upon the contribution of support and sponsorship from member companies without which the Group would not exist in its present form.
Membership enquiries to:
- Kendra Dudfield – Secretary
- C/O Portal Safety & Training Services Ltd
- Unit 6b Birkdale Road
- DN17 2AU
- E-mail email@example.com
The President, Chairman, and Officers of the Group look forward to receiving your membership application and to welcoming you to the Group activities